Radio-Controlled 4WD Electric Tug
The latest addition to the Nu-Star MUV product range, the Multiple Utility Vehicle (MUV) 4WD is a radio-controlled, four wheel drive, electric tug with skid-steer.
With equal push & pull capacity in either direction & designed to have a range of attachments bolted to either end of the chassis, the machine might also be described as a ‘Push/Pull’ type.
The radio control system improves visibility as it allows the operator to stand to the side of the load, particularly important when dealing with complex manoeuvres or cumbersome loads and/or moving loads in narrow or confined spaces.
The industrial radio control system has an effective range of up to 500m and consists of two joysticks & up to four additional on/off switches for accessories. Each joystick controls one of the drive motors inside the machine enabling complete 360° turning, on the spot, if necessary.
Speed is infinitely adjustable from 0 – 3.7km/h on the standard model but, can be up to 7.7km/h with alternative secondary gearing and larger diameter wheels.
A permanent safety LED strobe is fitted as standard together with a switchable on/off audible motion bleeper to help warn others when the machine is moving a load.
- Motor: 2 x 400W or 550W, 24V DC with 2 x 125A programmable motor controllers
- Batteries: 4 x EM60AHr, sealed VRLA, Gel, IATA approved
- Battery Charger: On-Board, IP68, multi-input voltage, 1 x 24V, 20A output
- Wheels/Tyres: Foam-Filled, Puncture-proof with free-wheel hubs, 14×5.5-6
- Braking: Regenerative as standard
- Master Keyswitch off/on
- Infinitely Variable Throttle
- Battery Gauge
- Main Isolator Fuse
- LED Strobe & Audible Motion Bleeper
Non-marking tyres, Stainless Steel, ATEX Zone 1